The New & Improved In-Ground Dialysis Scale
Dialysis scales are a crucial part in monitoring patients. With extensive market research, The Scale People was able to pinpoint the main flaws in the current in-ground dialysis scale technology and create a new system that can live up to the expectations of patients and doctors. In-Ground Dialysis scales must be able to perform, repeat and remain steadfast through their frequent use.
The main problems found in dialysis weighing solutions are the following:
- Slow response time
- 5 plus seconds response
- Corner load inaccuracy
- Accurate weight only found if patient is center properly
- Weight inaccuracy
- Not repeatable
- Printer problems
- Poor design, Hard to replace paper roll
- Loadcell cable binds
- Water in the junction board
- Flooding of pit causes electronics to fail
- Wrong type of material used in pit frame
- Aluminum pit frames have flexures which cause instability of read out
Based off the issues faced, The Scale People teamed up with Pennsylvania Scale to create a new in-floor design that provides exceptional patient monitoring.
The RD6600 dialysis scale now has the following features that makes weighing fast, accurate and reliable.
- 1 second response time
- Tubular sub-platform with center bar ensures accuracy no matter where the load is placed
- No excess cable used therefore no binds. All cables are securely binded to platform.
- Top plate uses limited screws which allows for easily removal and cleaning of platform.
- Completely sealed electronics use industrial-grade junction box to protect from water damage.
- All steel design with built-in corner spacers ensure stability.
- High quality, High resolution load cell
Other features of this dialysis scale include EMR connectivity allows communication to computer or EMR software. Full numeric keypad for patient ID entry. Built-in printer that can print either labels or tape. Indicator can either be wall mounted or recessed. This scale comes with either a 36″ x 36″ or 48″ x 48″ platform and has a 1000 x 0.2 pound capacity. A five year warranty also comes with a new unit.
Our team can provide a turn-key solution which includes complete pit construction and installation of this dialysis scale in as few as two days. We also offer training for the new units. Each dialysis scale includes a handrail for added safety and calibration weights.
To shop for or to learn more about our in-ground dialysis scale, click here!